Made of high quality eco-friendly synthetic leather. Provides superior protection from scratches and dents. Soft suede interior keeps your iPad screen clean. Direct access to all device ports and buttons. Unique design allows the iPad to stand horizontally for optimal viewing. Additional low angle stand position for typing or viewing. Supports Smart Function: Automatically wakes and sleeps your iPad. No influence on signal reception. Easy to install and remove. Color: Black.
- Synthetic Leather with Stitches to protect your valuable IPAD 2
- Synthetic Leather material is tear, rip, and damage resistant for a long resilisant lifetime
- Access all of the iPad 2′s features while the case is still on.
- Stand can be adjustable to 2 different angles for desired viewing pleasure
- Shipping Weight: 5 ounces
- ASIN: B004T0EQP2
- Item model number: IPAD2-LTHR-BLK1
Simple, cheap, effective
After three weeks using this case with the iPad2:
This is a perfect starter case, particularly if you are gifting or new to the iPad experience and don’t yet know what features you’ll really want in a case. It protects the iPad2 and allows for portable, versatile use.
NOTE: I have sensitivity to off-gasses. After opening, I had to place this case in another room to air out for a full day before I could use it comfortably. By the third day, the issue was completely resolved.
- It stands well, for viewing videos and slide shows. (Vertical landscape)
- The slight angle it provides by laying it horizontally (landscape) works surprisingly well for typing and swiping.
- It does not stand hands-free in portrait, but it is still lightweight enough to hold in one hand while swiping and tapping.
- The magnet in the cover works to sleep the iPad2 , as advertised.
- Protective and discreet (looks more like a notebook than an iPad)
- No portrait stand (I’ve missed it only a little)
- The simple tab in the back used to ‘create’ the stand will start to stretch out over time and create a less secure ability to prop the iPad2 for typing (though it should have no effect on standing it for viewing purposes). If you have a little velcro tab (office supplies), you can correct this easily.
I love this case. As I use my new iPad more and more, I’ll have a better idea of the features I’ll really want in a case — and I fully expect to upgrade. But I don’t feel the need to hurry. In the meantime, this case covers most of my needs and is inexpensive enough that I won’t feel wasteful when I move on.
I paired the case purchase with screen protectors and a stylus, both of which are working well for me so far. (Screen protectors are tricky to put on – read the reviews for tips.) The stylus clips easily over the edges of this case; like a pen to a notebook.
Good product overall. Definitely a good option, to the $40+ cases you find at a retailer. The cons I found were, the side entry for the iPad as a small flap that goes under the iPad, and it could make it bulky for the case to close completely,…no biggie really. The one part I did not like very much is the access to the top and side controls (power&volume), its not what you call easy access, even though, it has openings for said controls, you still have to make your way in there a little bit,….but all outputs have there designated openings. The Cameras on both sides have the opening, however, I did notice the front camera is not really centered to the opening, so it can easy be covered by the case if you move the iPad too much,…with that said, the case does control the iPad inside fairly secure.
Good quality. Easy to use
Been using this for a week. I compare it to the $60 version you can buy at the Apple store but it’s under $7. It even magnetically shuts just like the Apple one. Totally worth the money. Buy it.